By 2024, there will be an estimated 19 million podcast listeners in the UK – 4 million more than in 2020. Podcast popularity is growing at a rapid rate, and it’s your time to join the party. But first, you need some podcast equipment.
If you’re just starting out in podcasting, you don’t need any complicated or expensive kit to begin with. It’s perfectly possible to record a great podcast episode with beginner’s equipment.
Here’s our quickfire list of podcast equipment to get you started with podcasting in 2022:
- Microphone. A simple USB one will do the job perfectly.
- Video camera. Add some visual appeal to your content.
- Lighting. If you’re also filming your podcast, and you’re recording in a dark or dim environment, you’ll need to light yourself and your guests well. Make your video look professional and appealing to engage with! Want to know more? Find out how we lit a TV advert here.
- Headphones. You’ll need these to monitor and adjust your sound quality.
- Podcast recording software. The software you choose can make or break your podcast, especially if you’re planning on doing a lot of editing. If you don’t have much of a budget, there are a few free options such as Garageband.
Why should I start podcast hosting?
A podcast can boost interest in your brand and your services simply by adding tremendous value for your audience. On a podcast, you can deep dive into an endless amount of topics. Plus, what’s so perfect about this is that podcast audiences actually WANT and EXPECT this kind of detail.
Another great thing about podcasts are that they’re even less commitment than video; so, if your audience is busy cleaning or driving, they can put on your podcast and still get value from your content. Just make sure you’ve got your podcast equipment, and you’re set!
What can I talk about on my podcast?
Anything you like! You might choose to start a podcast on a topic completely unrelated to your business or industry, but because it’s entertaining, they’re drawn to your brand anyway.
However, if you’re a business looking to increase your brand awareness and traffic, industry-related topics are guaranteed to garner interest. Position yourself as a thought leader in your field and people will remember your brand as one to listen to for all the industry advice.
So, grab your podcast equipment (even if it’s the cheapest of the cheap!), start podcasting and watch your traffic grow!
To learn more, check out our blog post on how to grow your podcast audience here.
Plus, if you’re interested in video marketing alongside your podcast, why not combine the two? Check out our recommendations for video marketing podcasts here.
Fancy starting your own podcast, but still need a bit of help? Get in touch with the team at Stada Media about podcasting – we’ve even got our own podcast studio.